Winter Fruit Salad


Summer is gone and the beautiful melons we've been eating are gone with it. I changed up our fruit salad to use apples as the base. But, this morning was colder than normal, so I added cooked oatmeal too.

1/2 cup quick oats cooked in enough water to cover.
Cinnamon
1 apple (cored & chopped)
1 banana (sliced)
2 dates (chopped)
1 tablespoon flax meal (optional)
sprinkle of sprouted buckwheat groats (optional)
soy milk (optional)
Red Grapes

Cook the oatmeal in a large single-serving salad bowl until tender. I cook mine for 1.5 minutes in the microwave. Add cinnamon before or after cooking.

Add the apple, banana, dates, flax meal and sprinkle of buckwheat groats. This was a filling 'salad', so I didn't add the cup or so of red grapes that I would normally have.

Great salad for a cold morning!

No comments: